Anything living depends on a certain environment in order to not only survive, but to grow and thrive. One of the most important factors that impacts environment is pH… the balance between acid elements and alkaline elements.
Let’s take a look at how pH affects life.
Plants need the soil that they live in to have an optimal pH. If the pH is off a little bit, growth will not be optimal. If it’s off by a lot, the plant will literally DIE .
Just like plants, fish require an optimal environment to live in. For example, the water that fish swim around in and the coral reefs that are so vitally important to our entire ecosystem must be properly pH balanced and regulated in order for live to happen. Too much acid throws off balance and destroys life .
As a matter of fact, EVERYTHING in life…MUST have a properly pH balanced environment in the inside AND the outside of it – ‘in order to live’.
Your body is no different. If you want to experience a VIBRANT body and a VIBRANT life, you need to create a vibrant environment on the inside of your body…and that starts with the right pH.
Inner balance… pH balance …will create the outer balance you desire.
In terms of your body, the optimal pH for your blood and fluids that make up over 70% of your body weight is roughly 7.37. That means a pH that’s slightly alkaline .
If your body becomes acidic, which is like a 6, problems begin. If it becomes chronically acidic, you now have the type of environment that breeds a whole host of health problems.
Research shows a direct correlation between excess acidity and obesity, diabetes, arthritis, acid reflux, colitis, IBS, fibromyalgia, fatigue, and on and on.
So, the first question you might have is…”OK, how do I know what the pH of my body is?” The answer is simple… Test. Come to the office so we can test Your pH !
I can’t emphasize this enough… the regulation of your pH is as important to your health as the regulation of temperature is. If you had a fever of 101 and your body is out of its REQUIRED temperature range of 98 – 99 degrees, you’d go take care of THAT before you worried about losing those extra pounds…right? pH is no different. If you’re too acidic, NOTHING in your body is going to work right…So, get your pH checked now!
Chronic inflammation is being discussed a lot lately, but the average person may not know much about this mysterious condition that’s the cause of some of the deadliest health conditions known to man. That’s right, I said some of the deadliest health conditions known to man.
What It Is
Inflammation in itself is not harmful. In fact, it’s a normal and healthy attempt by your body to preserve and heal itself. As you know, inflammation helps remove harmful debris from your body so that the healing process can begin. The problem with inflammation begins when the inflammation becomes chronic. At this point, your body creates more inflammation than it needs to heal you… in direct response to the existing inflammation—and a cycle that can have dire consequences for you if you don’t recognize it early on.
So Doc, What Causes This Excess Inflammation
Good question, but here’s the answer. Chronic inflammation is caused by an imbalance in your immune system. Your acquired immune system develops over time via exposure to your environment and the more successes it has, the stronger it becomes.
What I’m saying is this. Your body has to fight some battles -on it’s own – to get stronger, and that’s one of the reasons you get “sick” when you’re younger.
That’s why we feel it’s important for you to avoid taking unnecessary antibiotics—learning to fight some nasty bugs and allergens makes your acquired immune system a lot stronger. In addition, certain foods and lifestyles can INCREASE your risk of chronic inflammation. One big bad thing to think about.
Know this. Not getting enough rest, or too much stress plus a high carbohydrate diet = are all ways for you to increase your risk of chronic inflammation, which you don’t want.
Chronic inflammation can also be the result of your body’s inability to eliminate the cause of acute inflammation or an autoimmune response where the immune system mistakes healthy tissue for unhealthy pathogens.
Signs and Symptoms of Inflammation
Most people don’t find out that they have chronic inflammation until they’re diagnosed with a disease – that’s associated with their chronic inflammation.
Examples : Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease and multiple sclerosis are all conditions that are frequently associated with “chronic inflammation.” However, you don’t have to wait until you’ve been diagnosed with a life threatening illness to treat chronic inflammation.
Other signs you should be aware of include :
- Allergies and asthma
- High blood pressure
- Fatigue and lethargy
- Skin problems
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pain in the joints
- Frequent infections
- Shortness of breath
- WEIGHT GAIN , and added pounds around the belly
How Can We Help You With Your Chronic Inflammation?
Here’s the deal. We feel we’re the best partner for you in your fight against chronic inflammation . Studies have shown that adjustments, you losing some weight, you exercising and eating the right foods help reduce the production of two inflammatory cytokines, which can reduce inflammation throughout your entire body. However, we help in other ways too.
Like I said, chronic inflammation responds very well to lifestyle changes. We suggest you change your diet to nutrient-dense, low calorie foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat and fish. (We have a complete system ready for you if you’re ready to drop some weight and inches off your frame.)
Supplements like vitamin D may also provide relief from chronic inflammation. We’ve discovered that most Americans don’t eat enough omega-3 fatty acids like those found in dark green leafy vegetables, nuts, flax and fish.
While supplementing can help some patients, most experts that we’ve talked to agree that we as Americans should all endeavor to eat fish like salmon that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids at least twice per week.
Exercise, proper nutrition and regular chiropractic care can go a long way toward treating a variety of health problems, including chronic inflammation . We also have supplements that can help you with this, so if you’re ready to get rid of or at least slow down the chronic inflammation you are probably suffering from right now, make sure you make an appointment today for a follow up treatment.
Oh and make this happen. If you’re experiencing the symptoms of chronic inflammation , like having some of the symptoms I talked about earlier, it’s time to make a change. You need to find out how to finally reach a level of wellness you never thought possible, and if you’re ready to feel better, now’s the time to make that decision. Call the office today or talk to the assistant and make an appointment to get started on a natural chronic inflammation reduction program at this office immediately.
A lot of people in our community now know, and look at chiropractic as the best way to deal with back and neck pain naturally (and they’re right! ), however, most of them are not aware that chiropractic has several other benefits that can be found in the latest scientific studies?
Here are just five of the many important articles that show how chiropractic care can help you improve your overall health:
1. Chiropractic Can Reduce Blood Pressure – A study from 2013 reports what other studies have found: chiropractic adjustments can reduce hypertension in patients, sometimes just as much as common anti-hypertensive drugs.
2. Chiropractic Can Boost Your Immune System – A number of recent studies have found that chiropractic adjustments result in objective signs of positive immune system changes. Your immune system keeps you healthy and “fights off” illness, and these studies show that chiropractic might be a great way to keep your immune system going strong!
3. Chiropractic Reduces Stress – Researchers from Japan found that patients who received regular chiropractic like the care that is available here… had dramatic changes to their nervous system and reductions in their stress hormones.
4. Chiropractic Can Help Asthma Patients – Many people (including children) suffer from asthma, and a new body of research shows that chiropractic can reduce asthma symptoms and increase lung function in some patients. I have a colleague that used to suffer from bad asthma attacks where he could hardly breath, but since becoming a chiropractor himself, he doesn’t have any issues with asthma because he’s adjusted regularly.
5. Chiropractic Can Save You Money! – Health care costs are spiraling out of control. With modern medical tests and expensive medications, it can be hard for people to afford the care they need. Studies show , however, that seeing a doctor like me is much less expensive than a medical doctor, and with all the benefits of chiropractic, you can have better health without drugs or surgery, too, as there is NO HEALTH in taking artificial drugs. They are made to do one thing. Cover up the symptoms! Your health is one of if not the most important asset you have, so take care of yourself and your family with chiropractic!